What to do in Florence in December
What to do in Florence in December? Many initiatives in the historic city centre, including little markets, exhibitions, museums, concerts and special events, in locations easily reachable on foot from the Bed and Breakfast Palazzo Ruspoli, an ideal starting point for a relaxing holiday in Florence.
Events in Florence in December 2019: markets, exhibitions and shows for a year-end not to be missed!
Here are some of the scheduled events:
- Weihnachtsmarkt ”German Christmas Market, Piazza Santa Croce, from November 23rd to December 22nd;
- Christmas Bazaar of AILO, Garden of Horticulture, Tepidarium, from November 30th to December 1st;
- Real Time Festival Z, Palazzina Reale and other places, from November 29th to December 1st;
- Christmas Market Exhibition of the Italian Red Cross, Palazzo Capponi, Lungarno Soderini, from November 29th to December 1st;
- Emergency Christmas Space, at the premises of the Artedove gallery, via de’ Macci 81r, from 1 to 24th December;
- Christmas Market for File 2019, Palazzo Corsini, Lungarno Corsini, from 6th to 8th December;
- “A tutta scienza” at the Galileo Museum, activities for families, every weekend;
- Carmine in Fiera, piazza del Carmine, 7th December;
- Ciompi Monthly Antiques, piazza Lorenzo Ghiberti, 8th and 29th December;
- Switching of the Christmas tree, Piazza Duomo, 8th December;
- Babbo Running, Piazza della SS Annunziata, 15th December;
- Fierucola of the Immaculate, Piazza Santissima Annunziata, 7-8 December;
- F-Light Firenze Light Festival, Piazza del Duomo, from 8th December to 6th January;
- Christmas in Campo di Marte, Viale Pasquale Paoli, 8th December;
- Oltrarno Fair, piazza Santo Spirito, 8th December;
- Promotional fair for independent bookshops, Piazza dei Ciompi, 21st December;
- Fierucolina di Natale, Piazza del Carmine, 15th December;
- Creative Factory, Piazza dei Ciompi, 7-8 and 14-15 December;
- Christmas Concert, Florence Opera House, 22nd December;
- Florence Winter Park, lungarno Aldo Moro, until 23rd February;
- Christmas Eve Dinner in the Salone delle Feste inside the Brunelleschi Hotel in Piazza Santa Elisabetta, 24th December 2019;
- Christmas lunch at the Hotel Brunelleschi, Piazza Santa Elisabetta, 25 December;
- New Year’s Eve in Florence, 31st December: at Piazzale Michelangelo (pop concert), in Piazza Signoria (classical music), Piazza Santissima Annunziata, Piazza Bartali in Gavinana (family initiatives and workshops for children as early as the afternoon of the 31st) and in Oltrarno ( jazz, dixieland and funky music);
- Year-end concert, Teatro dell’Opera di Firenze, 31 December;
- New Year’s Eve party in the Salone delle Feste of the Hotel Brunelleschi in the historical centre of Florence;
- New Year’s Eve dinner in the Torre della Pagliazza at the Santa Elisabetta restaurant in Piazza Santa Elisabetta;
- La Democrazia del Corpo Festival, Cango Cantieri Goldonetta, from 5th October to 29th December;
- De Chirico, Palazzo Medici Riccardi, from 31st October to 18th February 2020,
- Pietro Aretino and the art of the Renaissance, Uffizi Gallery, Magliabechiana Hall, Gallery of Statues and Paintings, from 26th November 2019 to 3rd March 2020;
- Shaped by fire. The bronze sculpture in the Florence of the last Medici, Palazzo Pitti, Treasure of the Grand Dukes, until 12th January 2020;
- Journey to immortality, at the Archaeological Museum, until 2 February 2020;
- Michelangelo and the Medici through the papers of the Archivio Buonarroti, at the Museum of Casa Buonarroti, from 19th November to 9th March 2020;
- Sustainable Thinking, Salvatore Ferragamo Museum, until 8th March 2020,
- The return of Giuseppe Principe dei Sogni, Salone dei Dugento in Palazzo Vecchio, until 28 August, 2021.
We wait for you at the Bed and Breakfast Palazzo Ruspoli in via de’ Martelli, twenty meters away from the Duomo entrance, in the heart of the historical centre of Florence. Find out the best rates available for different types of rooms, many with stunning views of the Brunelleschi’s Dome!
Our staff at the reception of the bed and breakfast will be happy to give you further advice and information on what to do in Florence in December 2019!