What to do in Florence with children
Ideas for visiting Florence with children and teens
Florence is a magical and wonderful city. So, we suggest you to take your children during your next trip to town. Guide them to discover the artistic and cultural treasures of the city, among museums the city streets, in order to make a memory that will bring with them for a long time. According to their character, you can program various activities.
Here are some proposals about things to do in Florence with the children:
- take them to Piazza Duomo and go for a ride on a horse-drawn carriage,
- climb the 463 steps that goes to the top of the Brunelleschi’s Dome and enjoy a breathtaking view from up there,
- explore the city with the Family Tour,
- visit the exhibition From Kandinsky to Pollock, the Great Art of Guggenheim at Palazzo Strozzi and participate in one of the initiatives or workshops dedicated to families and children (maybe book in advance).
Then, we point out the parks where there are play areas for children:
- The Parco delle Cascine, which from Piazza Vittorio Veneto goes up to the Ponte all’Indiano with a play area or hire skates,
- the Giardino dell’Orticoltura, with its “tepidarium”, a spectacular iron and glass structure, designed to shelter plants during the winter months. The garden also has a children’s playground and it is connected directly to the Orti di Parnaso (also accessible from via Trento), with the characteristic stone fountain and stained glass in the shape of a dragon with his mouth open and teeth in full view!
- Garden of Strozzi Villa with a play area and access both from via di Soffiano and from via Monte Oliveto and via Pisana.
Finally, the Boboli Gardens, definitely worth a visit (for a fee).
The Bed and Breakfast Palazzo Ruspoli is the ideal starting point for any excursion because it is located in the historic centre. We provide a free and unlimited Wi-Fi connection for the all duration of the stay.